Sunday 6 February 2011

Welcome to Museum Neverland

Well hello there everyone! Welcome to my new blog.

I've called it 'Museum Neverland' not because of some tenuous link to Michael Jackson but rather in reference to Peter Pan's world where children never grow up. I work in museum education in the broadest sense, including everything from events and activities to outreach and schools work, and my interests are in mostly in to how to make museums more fun. I dislike boring, stuffy museums and I love those that give you something to think about, something to play with, and something to remember when you go home. Creating engaging learning experiences is definitely my aim.

I do a lot of work with and for children, but I'd like to think that the lessons we learn whilst planning child-friendly exhibitions don't have to stay solely in that 'family-friendly' section of a museum. Most adults like to play with the toys too, don't they?

So that's going to be the tone for the blog. Look out here for a gamut of exciting and inspiring things from the world of museums!

No comments:

Post a Comment